NEMO 2 – Chain Oiler Kit for lubrication of motorbike and quad chain & sprockets
NEMO 2 was developed by the company COBRRA. It is a modern original device for chain lubrication that saves you money, and time relating to your chains maintenance, and provides you with the unique comfortable new feeling of a well oiled chain.
NEMO 2 consists of three interconnected work chambers that provide the following:
- easy NEMO 2 application of oil
- continuous oil displacement under pressure, therefore uniform lubrication and maximum chain life
- lubrication of NEMO 2 internal parts in order to obtain a high reliability and longevity
NEMO 2 works on the principle of compressing the oil in the chamber and pressurising it through a valve and down the line onto the chain. Therefore it is not necessary to change the oil depending on the ambient temperature. It works reliably in warm and cold weather. The rider can apply the oil on to the chain when its required with a simple 1/4 turn of the Nemo 2 which will displace enough oil over a 3 minute period giving you up to 200 miles of lubrication after each 1/4 turn of the Nemo 2.
NEMO 2 is installed on the motorbike handlebars or frame and provides immediate chain lubrication whilst riding, for instance after:
- rides in the rain
- fast rides
- rides in a dusty environment
- certain mileage
IMMEDIATE CHAIN LUBRICATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ACHIEVE A LONGEVITY OF YOUR CHAIN AND SPROCKETS.
Additional NEMO 2 features
- Great return on investment on NEMO 2 compared to the cost of regular manual chain cleaning and lubrication
- Extraordinary time saving with regard to cleaning and lubrication compared to the manual art of chain maintenance
- Simple and fast installation without the need for electronics or vacuum feed to run the devise.
- Great quality & design made of light aluminum alloy and anodised
- simple, fast, and easy operation during riding, turn NEMO 2 in arrow direction by 90° and after 3 minutes application of oil the chain & sprockets are lubricated for up to 200 miles
- function of lubrication interruption in case of incidental stop during lubrication
- function of impurities wash out from the chain
- suitable for use in any conditions
- outstanding durability during the lifetime of the chain & sprockets resulting from the following:
- immediate lubrication – of the chain & sprockets when you need it
- uniform lubrication of the entire chain – the oil is continuously displaced under pressure
- oil – the oil gets displaced to the intended location on the chain lubricating the 0-rings or x-rings
- lubrication with ordinary 80W-90 transmission oil, adhesive oil for riding at high speed, BIO oil for riding wet roads, or any other suitable oil
- single NEMO 2 filling provides chain lubrication for up to app. 3 000 miles
- visual check of NEMO 2 filling level directly on the motorbike handlebars
- oil level alert – emergency oil reserve in NEMO 2 for app. further 300 miles
- simple and easily accessible oil filling directly from a large or small bottle
- reduction of chain power loss due to easy chain operation without stuttering
- low oil consumption – if the running motorbike is standing, the chain is not lubricated
- chain lubrication does not cause motorbike contamination by oil
- the hose is steadily directed towards the chain by means of hose rectifier made of light aluminum alloy
- oil distribution through inconspicuous thin black pressure hose
Function and operation principles of NEMO 2
- The lubrication procedure is performed during riding by twisting the NEMO 2 in the arrow direction by ¼ of revolution (recommended oil amount).
- The lubrication is accomplished after approximately 3 minutes of slow oil dissipation to the chain.
- The lubrication procedure shall be performed every 100 up to 200 miles depending on drive velocity, dustiness and meteorological conditions. It is recommended to lubricate the chain after each refueling for the purpose of regularity. After riding in rain and after cleansing the chain when the chain is free of lubricant completely, it is necessary to lubricate the chain (it is recommended to turn the NEMO 2 by ½ of revolution)
- When the lubrication procedure is performed and the motorcycle is to be stopped within 3 minutes incidentally, it is sufficient to slew the device against the arrow direction into the original position and the lubrication process is stopped. After putting the motorcycle in motion, perform the lubrication procedure again.
- If the compartment of the NEMO 2 will not turn anymore it is empty and it will need to be refilled.
- Oil level of NEMO 2, fill to the top and fit the lid making sure the oil seal is in place.
- The stainless container may be used as ready-for-use oil.
- When following the recommended oil quantities, the chain will be lubricated optimally and the motorcycle chain will be not have excess oil on it.